After two years of small experiments, we are launching our Coach Mentoring Program in 2017. Coaches selected for this program must already be very comfortable paddling in Level 4 conditions (3-5 foot seas, 15-20 knot winds, 2-4 foot surf, and 2-4 knots of current). They will work alongside Gales coaches, and debrief with the lead coach after each course. They will also attend all coaches’ meetings. This position is ideal for anyone who is seeking to update to an ACA Level 4 or a British Canoeing 4-star. Once approved, mentees will pay the registration fee for the symposium.
This is a competitive program, and we can only accept six mentees per year. If you are interested, send the following information to Scott Fairty at email@example.com :
- Your name, phone number and email address
- Your current certifications and when you obtained them
- A short statement about what coaching and paddling you have done during the past year
- A short statement about your goals as a paddler and a coach
- A short statement about why you are interested in this program and how it will help you reach your goals